[clue-talk] Microsoft comedian?

Matt Poletiek chill550 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 21:05:59 MDT 2007

The problem with Security is the scope of the issues the industry
entails. Software is nothing more than packaged code and all code is
the linear logic of it's designer. Therefore software is nothing more
than the best assumed idea of a collective. Fortunately for Linux, the
collective outweighs almost any other out there. To a security
professional. Every environment you work in, is an entirely unique
batch of linear designed logic.

Put frankly, there are no garuntees and the concept is hard to sell to
the educated. Microsoft's words fall on deaf ears here, but elsewhere
people feel relief and that is truly what Microsoft is selling.

On 4/29/07, Dennis J Perkins <dperkins at frii.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 20:02 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> > On 4/29/07, Dennis J Perkins <dperkins at frii.com> wrote:
> > > I wasn't aware that Microsoft did comedy.  I found the following quote
> > > at
> >
> > > In the second video above Watson said "Microsoft, purely because of its
> > > breadth and knowledge in the security space is ideally placed to deliver
> > > [security and antivirus] solutions".
> > >

> > If this is comedy, he needs to hang onto the day job!
> >
> > More prrof of the recent quote I found: "The biggest problem with
> > Microsoft is that they don't even realize how much they suck."
> >

> I was amused that they claim to have breadth and knowledge in the
> security space.  If that is true, I think he just said they are
> incompetent.

Matthew Poletiek
www.chill-fu.net