[clue-talk] Microsoft Claims 235 Patents Violated

Mon May 14 16:45:22 MDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 16:20 -0600, dperkins at frii.com wrote:
> > I think we should tell every Windows-using person we know about this,
> > and ask them if this is who they want to business with.
>
> Most people couldn't care less until they see that it costs them money.
> And not money from buying a product, or from time wasted.  It requires MS
> telling them they must pay MS for something MS did not make.  Or steal.

<rant>

I disagree.  I believe that "most" people just need to be reminded that
they can be honorable, that , once upon a time, we did our best to
behave honorably, we expected the same from others, and when disappointed, we
sometimes stopped buying from people, celebrities, or companies to show
our disapproval.

It's time we took the idea of 'honor' back out of the closet, and
openly discussed the idea that stealing from a thief makes one an even
more lowly thief.  Not everything is relative.  There are things more
important than money. Stolen is the most expensive.  Refuse to steal.

Refuse to behave dishonorably, and refuse to endorse it in others,
whether those others are individuals or companies.

</rant>