[clue-talk] Microsoft Claims 235 Patents Violated

Matt Poletiek chill550 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 11:34:41 MDT 2007

This is obviously just FUD. Microsoft hasnt made any threats, only
pointed out what a few folks already knew.

What does this cause currently?
Well in my mind, innovation happens inside free minds. Those who
become upset over this recent news must have acknowledged and accepted
their dependance upon capitalism. The people behind Open Source
technology, in my mind, have acknowledged and accepted their
independance from capitalism. Liscencing never was a solution, people
still do what they want anyways.

One of the greatest benefits of open source is its liscence, not so
much because of what it defines, more because its the radical
liscence. The liscence hack. Its almost, the liscence of non-liscenced
content.

What this might do however, is cause MORE people to join the
commercial Linux camps. SUSE, Redhat, IBM, ect. This is expected of
those who again, are dependant upon capitalism.

Remember, there will always be free minds innovating. Change is the
nature of all and so there will always be free software.

........ Or to put it better, Microsoft is testing the commercial
Linux market. What happens next, we will all learn from.

On 5/15/07, miguelito <miguelito at biffster.org> wrote:
> [...]

Matthew Poletiek
www.chill-fu.net