[clue-talk] Microsoft Claims 235 Patents Violated

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue May 15 04:10:51 MDT 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> I think MS plays their cards way too close to their chest to ever
> sue an average person.  If they sue an "end-user" it will only be
> companies.

That all depends on their strategy, which includes the possibility of
backlash and/or the effects of people's emotions to the matter at hand.

Sue a company with deep pockets, it's a about market-share.  Sue an
individual, it's about mind-share.

They're just keeping up the general feeling amongst the masses that
there's "sharks in the open source water", and giggling when people
are emotional and uneducated about how the technology really works,
enough to twitch.

They'll continue to release such nonsense press releases until the
tech news market stops twitching about Intellectual Property
announcements, then they'll switch to something else equally as
effective at getting a rise out of people.

As long as everyone reacts when they release such drivel, they gain
the appearance of relevancy.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com