[clue-talk] Peace, Love, and Linux

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Mon May 21 13:21:14 MDT 2007

On 05-21 11:46, David L. Willson wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get a verbatim copy of the stencil IBM used
> to get in trouble with the city of San Francisco six years ago?  I'm
> getting a tattoo for my 40th birthday.

Assuming you are serious, that's a lot of black ink, assuming you are not
reversing the image.

What happened in SF? I don't think I remember this story...oh yeah
{googles}:
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,2099980,00.htm

I've never seen this image. Being a typical ironic Gen-X'er, a friend and I
used to sometimes say "Peace, Love & Pitbulls" in place of the usual
surbanite's pathetic wanna-be-rapper's keeping-it-real "peace out".  Peace,
Love & Pitbulls was some industrial band that our radio station had received
some promo for and we found the name quite amusing - since we later worked
at the same place and would sometimes still drop that, we'd get puzzled
looks from co-workers. Now I guess we could use Peace, Love & Penguins.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Civilization, as we know it, will end sometime this evening. See SYSNOTE
tomorrow for more information.