[clue-talk] Documentaries of interest?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 19:34:32 MDT 2007

On 10-04 19:50, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:33:57 -0600
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > Anybody have any good documentaries they've really liked?
>
> >From Freedom to Fascism.

For some reason, I thought I saw that from the title, but I think I haven't.
Either that, or my memory is really terrible. I might have been thinking of
Orwell Rolls Over in His Grave. Anyway, looks promising from the first few
minutes, anyway. Thanks.

Speaking of fascism, I just watched this six minute video that came across a
podcast/vidcast I sub to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mTjMfW32Y

Why do police want to take cameras, and by what law do they think this is
legitimate?

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
One of the characteristics of healthy cultures is that they can poke fun at
themselves. I guess the hacker culture is in good health, because User
Friendly is hilarious. Its irreverence, sophisticated in-jokes and
surrealistic edge are a rocket straight out of the Internet's collective
unconscious.
-Eric S. Raymond, ubergeek, on the "User Friendly" comic strip