[clue-talk] Why FireFox?

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 23:51:19 MDT 2007

I use FireFox most of the time on an XP laptop.

I used Exporer a lot when I first got the computer,
but then mostly Mozilla, now FireFox, and now
I rarely use Explorer.

FireFox does most things well but downloads take too
long to initialize and finalize. During these
times, the browser is hung,  like it is waiting
on a specific IO and cannot process any other input.

During the actual download, things are OK;
the browser takes input.

I compare this to the old Mozilla, which I still
use occasionally: Mozilla doesn't hang.

I installed no additional feature of FireFox, but
I have often wondered, "What is it doing, now?".

Likewise, I wonder that for my computer in general,
but XP is not a subject for this forum.