[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Fri Sep 21 13:19:34 MDT 2007

CLUE members seem to be primarily gun owners and liberatarians.  Not me,
but many of you.  Personally, I'm a big fan of the nanny state, but
that's just me.

I don't see any political figures that match the general CLUE
sensibilities.  Who did y'all vote for in 2004?  Who will you vote for
in 2008?  I bet it's the Republican candidate, even though it was GWB in
2004, because you won't vote for the Dems.

Personally, my top choice isn't running yet.  Michael Bloomberg.  Second
would be Richardson, then Obama, then Hagel, then Gore, then Edwards and
if none of those people are available, I'll hold my nose and vote for
Hillary.

For all of the liberatarians in the group, will you hold your nose and
vote for someone who wants to tell you who to marry?  What religion to
practice?  How you can die?  Has eight years of being spied on, lied to
and ripped off been enough?

Maybe it's a professional thing.  I'm a programmer and most of you are
administrators.  That means I'll be more likely to cling desperately to
standards and governing bodies, even if they suck (*ahem* JSR process
*cough*).  So, yeah, I want a standard authentication protocol, even if
JAAS sucks, and someone to say that you can't feed cows diseased beef,
even if the FDA is a bloated piece of diseased cow meat.  So, I vote
Democrat.

-Dave