[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Mon Sep 24 18:05:33 MDT 2007

I was explaining to a friend of mine last night that the point of a
really good debate is not to convince either of the debaters, but to
bring out clearly the meat of each perspective so that an observer to
the debate can form an intelligent, complete, well-reasoned perspective
of their own, after seeing each debater's perspective boiled in the best
acid the other debater can scrounge.

The hope is that we'll have less people saying, "Way-ull ah just
think..."  when what they mean is "feel" and no actual thinking has been
done, and/or they heard someone say something one time, and it sounded
pretty good.  Or, they just don't want to be like everyone else, even if
everyone else is right (happens sometimes), or worse, they want to be
agree-able and 'nice', even if everyone is full of shaving cream on that
particular issue, and needs a mountaintop-screamer to wake 'em up.

Hey WORLD!  Linux is free!  And um, doesn't suck.  :-)