[clue-talk] Would you pass the U.S. citizenship test?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sat Sep 29 15:06:28 MDT 2007

On 09-29 15:14, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> Some of the questions aren't worthwhile for becoming a citizen.  Knowing
> that the speaker of the House is third in line?  The number of
> amendments?  There are more important things that should be asked
> instead of trivia.

I agree trivia may not be of much use - I still think I'd like to see a
"politician's test" when it comes to understanding the founding of this
country - some of the civics trivia will be told to them, or they'd look it
up when it became important. ;)

Although, I suspect it would get mired, like everything else, in
partisanship, as to what was made most important, versus what was played
down.

As for citizens, it's interesting that if you ended up here by an accident
of birth, you can get away with total ignorance.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year's fashions.
-Lillian Hellman