[clue-talk] BerkeleyTIP, was Who's in charge of this group? - Inter group meeting BerkeleyTIP-Global August 2 Saturday

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Aug 1 11:11:22 MDT 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:43:53 -0600, "David L. Willson"
<DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> said:
> John: You should also contact the Ubuntu groups, like CoLoCo, and BLUG,
> at least.  There
> are about 10 other groups in CO, but I'm not sure how "alive" they are.

Thanks for that info, David. :)  If you think they might be interested,
I ask you to please forward my message on to them - or anywhere you
think there might be interest.  :)

I'm just doing this as a part time volunteering thing for the community,
& won't have time to follow up on emails to more groups than the about
15 I've sent announcements to.

Please let everyone know they should join the BerkTIPGlobal google
group, & its mailing list - that's the best way for coordination.

> We need eyes (web-cameras) if we're going to do this properly, especially
> the
> Installfest part.  Otherwise, it looks like a great idea whose time has
> come.
>
> I think I can make the web-conference-simulcast happen downtown at
> Parsec, or I can ask
> RMSEL, or my basement can work in a pinch, but I don't think I can, or
> want to,
> re-arrange my weekend plans to make it happen tomorrow.

Great that you might can do it sometime. No problem about tomorrow = I
know it's short notice..

Please join the BerkTIPGlobal mailing list to help us all keep
coordinated.

> Last, a full day every month is going to be too much for me alone.  I'll
> take every
> other month or every third month and one or two someone else's can stand
> up and host the
> others.

That sounds fine, & I hope there's someone to share the effort with you.
:)