[clue-talk] Meeting Sept6 BerkeleyTIPGlobal-USA - Stallman Torvalds Debconf Akademy...

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Aug 29 23:54:53 MDT 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:00:20 -0600, "David L. Willson"
<DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> said:
> John,
>
> 1. Please provide links to the videos.

This page will have them - tentative info now.
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal/web/announcements-schedule-talks-gettingvideos

> 2. Less words are better.

Yes - I've been debating with myself about how much to say in the
announcement messages - there's pros & cons for verbose & concise.  I
note your suggestion.

> 3. Have a set schedule on a clear web-page, with links.

Yes, good suggestion.  I intend to & will do that.  As mentioned in my
announcement, I'm just doing this as a community volunteer effort in
very little time - I haven't gotten the time to do that yet.

It'll be the same page as the link above,
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal/web/announcements-schedule-talks-gettingvideos

> It's easier to get folks to follow than co-lead.  In fact, they almost
> never will
> co-lead, in my experience.

Highly true, I'd bet.

> I'll try to join you Saturday, but probably just me this time.

Great.  Have you joined the BerkTIPGlobal group mailing list yet?

This meeting will likely be a small start, with a few people on IRC,
just to check it out & say hi.  I'm just planning on building it slowly,
step by step.  Invite any of your Linux friends over if you like.  It's
all very informal.

Or, everyhone is free to just come individually to the IRC channel
(Probably on Freenode, Probably named "Berk" or "Berkeley" something,
like BerkTIPG perhaps. from wherever they live or are - though I think
physical meetings/get-togethers  are more interesting.

IRC info will be put here sometime before the meeting.
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal/web/comunication--irc-voip-videoconference-streaming-audio-video