[clue-talk] Asus EEe and Linux distros

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Wed Feb 20 15:49:37 MST 2008

How much of this is necessary?  Older technology, like CompactFlash, has a maximum number of writes.  You might go way over that, but that is supposed to be the lowest maximum.  I don't know if they have solved this issue, or if that number is now so high that it won't affect most people.  Journalling, etc, on the other hand, writes to disk more often than simple user activity does.

From: Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org>