[clue-talk] DRM ain't all bad

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 16:21:09 MST 2008

And here's an example of what I am talking about:

http://potw.news.yahoo.com/s/potw/61785/how-to-become-a-rock-star

* Content creator self-publishes and retains
attribution to his music.
* Monetizes content through donations, physical
copies, performances, and merchandising
* Has direct access to his audience, directly
interacts with them, and creates a community

Ends up making more money as a musician than he ever
did as a programmer.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080221/D8UUN0100.html