[clue-talk] Politics, anyone?

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Jan 4 16:18:55 MST 2008

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 14:52:03 -0700
David Rudder wrote:

> California (tree lovers and gays), and a bunch of northern and
> western states that I don't know how to rudely categorize.

California, Oregon, Washington: left-coast tree-hugging liberals
Wisconsin: Cheese-heads
Massachusetts, New York: The people who've shown they already like
politicians such as Romney and Giuliani, who are Democrats in Republican
clothing.

Quote: "I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the
Constitution, and I do not believe that the power and duty of the General
Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering
which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit."
 -- Grover Cleveland, Democrat

Name any candidate, other than Ron Paul, who would take such action.