[clue-talk] There is no racial bigotry here!

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:24:44 MST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 7:10 AM, Richard Knechtel <richard.knechtel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Myself I am an Obama supporter, I'm white, over 40 and an independent
> (formally a Republican). Normally I won't vote for a Republican nor a
> Democrat.  The only other candidate I would consider supporting is Ron Paul.
> The only reason I would become "unhinged" if Obama lost not because of race
> but because this country needs some SERIOUS change and Hillary, McCain,
> Romney, none of them (except maybe Ron Paul) will do it.

The question is, of course, what kind of change? Change for change's
sake, or a platform that makes sense? Thus far the only changes I've
heard from Obama are: abandoning the war post haste, replacing our
health system with a single payer government abomination, raising
taxes, and (not a change from Bush) continuing to leave our southern
border open for untold hordes to pour in. Not exactly the kind of
changes I want to see from a President. Not much different than
Hillary's platform.

> Those
> that are saying "I want experience" - well look at your candidate of
> choice's "experience" what have they REALLY done. Did they vote for the war,
> did they lick Bush's boots and give him whatever he wanted, what have they
> done that didn't include giving corporations, drug companies etc. what they
> wanted, what have they done that was REALLY something FOR THE PEOPLE.

I'm not hearing any specifics here, just the same tired old rhetoric
that supporting the sitting President is "licking his boots." We heard
the same noise when Clinton was in office, from a different side of
course.

> think someone fairly new to the political realm is the best thing, they
> haven't been totally corrupted. Voting for someone who has been in office
> most of their natural born life because they have "experience" - just means
> you want more of the same.

Romney, for example, hasn't been in office all his natural life.

> Another point, in the
> last congressional election WE THE PEOPLE voted in a majority of Democrats
> because we were tired of the "status quo" in congress - we wanted CHANGE. We
> voted in a majority of "old guard" politicians - what have those LOSERS
> done since they got in office?

I'll have to agree - very little. The only action they seem to agree
on is to oppose the successful conclusion of the Iraq war and the
payment of the troops. And, of course, to hinder the appointment of
any judge who is more interested in the constitution than legislation
from the bench.

> Do you want to be another sheep and/or lemming or
> do you want to "buck the system" and stand up for REAL change?

Back to the top. How about specific CHANGES?

--
Collins Richey