[clue-talk] Heller

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Wed Jul 2 08:10:36 MDT 2008

Nate Duehr wrote:
> David Rudder wrote:
>
>> Does anyone on this list own a gun with a trigger lock?  Does it
>> really make it impossible to defend your home?  I have drawer locks
>> on the drawers in my kitchen, but I can still use my knives and
>> cleaning chemicals, it just takes an additional 10 seconds to get to
>> them.
>> -Dave
>
> Depends on how fast you need it.  Would you put a lock on your fire
> extinguishers?
>
> I know - bad analogy, but just trying to figure out their line of
> thinking.

Actually, not a horrible analogy.  I might put locks on fire
extinguishers if they were lighter and I was afraid of my kids playing
with them and getting hurt.  That's immediately where my mind when with
the trigger locks anyway:  a way to reduce accidents with guns.  Doesn't
sound like a horrible requirement to me, but maybe it should be
something more like you have to have a trigger lock on if anyone under
18 is living in the home.

Angelo