[clue-talk] Linux Counter

Mon Jul 7 17:25:09 MDT 2008

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:20:37 -0600, Nate Duehr wrote
> David L. Willson wrote:
>
> > You made me do it.  I'm user # 109284.  Let's see who chimes in next...  I'm still
> > thinking of cron'ing their script on all my boxes.  I think I might be up to 20, all
told.

> Do VM's count?  LOL.  I can fire up 20 or so...
>
> I "downsized" years ago.  One box does most of the work now, and has for
> quite some time.

They'd better count, I think 60% of my boxes are virtual now.  Maybe only 40%...  All
but one of my virtualization hosts are Linux.  The last one is a home-box that just
would not take Linux no matter how hard we kicked it, so in that one case, the host is
Windows and all the guests are Linux.

-- David