[clue-talk] OpenStreetMap mapping party Denver 19/20 July

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Jul 9 11:45:28 MDT 2008

Hi

If anyone can help with venue advice or otherwise please let me know.

OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org) - is a collaborative map of the
planet. Think wikipedia for maps. There is a lot of overlap with the F/
OSS community

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap

We're running a mapping party on 19/20 July in Denver

	http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Denver

which is an event where volunteers use GPS and other things to help
complete the map. We lend you a GPS and you help add roads, road
attributes (like one ways), footpaths, post boxes or anything else you
like to the map. The map data is then released Free, like Linux or
Wikipedia. It's a fun, social atmosphere and we often go for a drink
afterwards.

Please feel free to forward this on, or contact me for more information.

Best

Steve