[clue-talk] new Asus EEE computers

Dave Maddox softwareanddesign at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:13:21 MDT 2008

I've got the older Surf model as a backup/backpack laptop (Linux, though
it will run XP) and I'll be interested to see newer models too.

It's like a puppy, a lot of people walk up and ask about it. One
barrista gave me a free drink for telling him about it for his
girlfriend (no, I didn't get the pink one).

Plus I haven't made a CLUE meeting and I'm a lot more active in Linux
lately so I should. Too much time in Drupal meetings. But since Eee is
right here next to me, I had to reply. It's great for word processing,
Skype, even web dev, and emailing from bus stops, without a server-class
boot time.

Dave