[clue-talk] Any feelings on Barr and Libertarian Party?

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Mon May 26 14:01:47 MDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 11:43 -0700, Louis Miller wrote:
> I guess Dennis meant responsible colonization, which he probably didn't meant that we should be colonizing anything in the first place. I watch the TV show "Yes, Minister." It's my favorite show in the world and they talk about how leaving a country that they colonized resulted in civil war and partitioning, as it did in Palestine, Cyprus, India and Northern Ireland.
>
> About the gay rights issue, it would be helpful to have a reference point on how gay rights affect a whole society. Is there a country that has tons of gay rights, that someone could study how that country does?
>
> Louis

I didn't realize I was talking about colonization, responsible or
otherwise.  Then I realized you were referring to my comments about
Iraq.  I don't understand what you mean by responsible colonization,
tho.  Would that be colonies like the 13 colonies, Australia and Nea
Zealand, as opposed to colonies like India and Africa?

So we are colonizing Iraq?  I guess that would be irresponsible
colonization, to control the resources?  Or to put it more bluntly, rape
the country?

Regarding gay rights, you might want to look at ancient Greece.  I don't
know if Rome would be a good reference.  Some emporers and other very
powerful and rich people certainly would have nothing against it,
although many Romans opposed it and thought it was one of the things
that made them superior to the Greeks.