[clue-talk] Any feelings on Barr and Libertarian Party?

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Tue May 27 22:17:49 MDT 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 7:22:55 pm Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Obama as President. The other argument is that an Obama victory could be
> shock therapy for the Republican party, which absolutely needs it. But
> the impact to the country as a whole seems a high price to pay for
> jolting the Replublicans to pull their heads out. But perhaps the country
> is already past the point where that matters.

One thing that libertarians, moderates, liberals and progressives seem to
agree about is that the current administration has made a mess of things. The
nation is much worse off now than it was eight years ago. Aside from the 25%
or so of staunch neo-conservatives/Bush devotees, everyone is happy that the
Bush years are coming to an end. I think that, no matter which way the
election goes, things are going to get better starting in January.

Of course, as one of our groups two progressives, I have to say that I am
looking forward to an Obama presidency. Obama is poised to do for the country
what Bill Ritter is doing for the state of Colorado: break us out of the rut
that politics has been stalled in for decades, and move us onto a better,
brighter future. We are seeing this in Colorado, as renewable energy
corporations are starting to invest heavily in our state under Ritter's
natural energy initiatives. Obama's policies are on a much larger scale, and
the impact will be that much larger.

Of course, I am making the assumption that Obama will be the winner in
November. Based on the current economy, the momentum that Obama is building,
and the general feeling that the American people are sick of Republican
leadership, I am pretty positive about that assumption. Add to this the fact
that John McCain's main strength is national defense, which is not going to
be a factor in the upcoming election (unless there is a major economic
recovery in the next six months), and I become even more positive about my
assumption. It'll be Obama in '08. And 2012, for that matter. :)

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"No, of course not, but a... but a... but a whole galaxy to explore?
Millions of planets? Eons of time? Countless civilizations to meet?"