[clue-talk] Whiny Bitches

Thu May 29 12:26:02 MDT 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008 18:12:21 +0000, dennisjperkins wrote
> I find that I am usually voting against someone, or maybe I should say for the
> "least objectionable choice".  I don't think I have ever voted for a winning
> president yet.  That doesn't mean that I voted Democrat or Republican.

If this is a gentle nudge toward Libertarian, I'll take the time to explain why I can't
go.  We create laws to protect ourselves and our property.  Those that cannot defend
themselves are defended by appointed people.  The Libertarians want to legalize and tax
all sorts of recreational drugs, which makes sense to me, but they refuse to defend the
rights of unborn people (who cannot defend themselves), which makes no logical sense,
unless you also get rid of the rules saying that us air-breathers can't assault one
another when it's convenient to do so.  I'm all against special rights, and all for
equal rights.  That puts me in a strange and hard-to-align political position.