[clue-talk] abolish abortion in america

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Fri May 30 05:53:19 MDT 2008

David L. Willson wrote:
>> So, why aren't you campaigning for Hillary?
>
> Because Hillary said this:
>
> http://clinton.senate.gov/~clinton/speeches/2005125A05.html

So, you're willing to sanction what you think of as murdering babies
because Hillary was kind of a dick about it?

What part do you disagree with?  This part?
"Research shows that the primary reason that teenage girls abstain is
because of their religious and moral values. We should embrace this --
and support programs that reinforce the idea that abstinence at a young
age is not just the smart thing to do, it is the right thing to do."

Oooh...that bitch!

> If you can't see the misdirection in that speech, if you can't see through the gross
> mis-representation by association of "pro-life" people with totalitarian nut-jobs, your
> bullshit and manipulation detector is badly borked.

Her whole speech was about reducing abortions.  That's your primary goal
in the political process.  It seems that maybe you and she disagree on
how to do it, but when she was in the White House this approach worked
wonders.

> And Barack for good measure:
*shrug*  We're not talking about Barack.

> I'm not out to reduce the number of abortions; I want to abolish abortion.  I want
> people to see it for what it is. Once upon a time, we didn't see slavery for the
> atrocity it was.  We dehumanized our slaves.  Scientists made claims that people with
> non-white skin were less evolved than people with white skin.  And that soothed the
> consciences of slave-owners, and those that stood idly by while their friends owned slaves.
>
> We are doing the same thing now.

So, instead of working towards a compromise that does the best good
available, you fight against those helping you the most and delay any
action on the issue by decades?  Wow!  That's an AWESOME plan!!!

In your analogy, if someone had a way to free 1/3 of the slaves, you
would have fought against it because it leaves 2/3 of of the slaves in
bondage?  I'm sure those 1/3 of the slaves that would have been freed
would be very appreciative.

You have no plan, except to continue whining, for getting to where you
want to go.  Rather than telling Michael and I that we're akin to
slavemasters, why don't you go do some research and come back with how
you're going to solve this problem?  Complaining and getting in the way
of progress doesn't seem to be working.

> If the law protected none of us, I would keep silent,

You support the right to murder?

> and I would be thankful that I had
> the right to kill stupid people, and that if I got too stupid, I could count on one of
> you to kill me before I really annoyed somebody.  But that's not the way it is.  We are
> the post-birth; they are the pre-birth.  We can speak and defend ourselves and earn and
> vote.  They can do nothing.  They are less than we are, even though they will become
> everything we are, so we can dehumanize them, if we do it quickly enough.  It's baffling
> to me that you don't get this.  Just because a bunch of people want a thing to be true,
> doesn't make it true.  Human babies are human babies.  Humanity doesn't happen at birth,
> or at some moment shortly before birth, it happens when the new chromosomal pattern is
> knitted together.  Any other moment, "ensoulment" or viability, is a nebulous fiction,
> with an easily discovered and selfish motive.  What makes wanted babies, babies, at the
> moment of their knitting, and unwanted babies, a bit of unwanted tissue in mother's
> body?  It's convenient fiction, like the differences in human quality that are revealed
> in skin color.

I disagree with you.  There's nothing in what you say here or anywhere
else that has convinced me that you're right.  Without some hard
evidence, I won't be swayed.  Saying it louder and using insulting
references won't convince me.  Just because you want this to be murder
doesn't make it murder.

We have a system of laws in this country.  It says that abortion is not
murder.  If you want to accuse 900k women of murder, you need to have
proof.  That's how America works.  If you don't like it, might I suggest
a country with a really low abortion rate?  Iran?  Libya?  You might
like it there.  I'll help you pack.