[clue-talk] Ron Paul 2008

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri May 30 18:24:39 MDT 2008

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> If they wanted to be able to pass a bill that Bush opposed, remember how much is required to override his veto.
>
> Does it make sense to fight to pass a bill if he can veto it, and you cannot override him?  Do you want to waste your time tilting at windmills?

Exactly as the founders envisioned.  If a true majority can't be
reached... it doesn't become law.

Bring on line-item veto power, too.  No more "riders" and "pork" hanging
on important bills.  One vote, one issue... and then "We the people" can
adequately judge our representative's voting practices.

Nate