[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Nov 1 18:34:37 MDT 2008

On Nov 1, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 17:13:38 -0600
> Nate Duehr wrote:
>
>> They drive nicer cars than I do, they live in fancier
>> neighborhoods than I do, and they want to give it away.
>
> Can they give some of it to me? I could use a car, for example.
> Doesn't
> have to be an SLK 350 (but I wouldn't turn my nose up at it).
> Really, a
> not too terribly used Subaru would be just fine.

Heh... they're all in quite a lot of debt to have them, as best as I
can tell.  My car's paid off, and my wife's is two years from being so.

But, I'll keep you in mind if I ever decide to upgrade from my 8 year
old paid off Jeep, though as a possible buyer of a vehicle.  (GRIN!)

(It's old, dirty, missing a right rear fender, has LOTS of paint
dings, and needs a new driver's seat, which I might have to break down
and do, since it's broken, and it has crappy brakes... and I've smoked
in it for that 8 years, but if you can hang an air freshener and drive
it... I take CARE of my equipment -- farm kids as grandparents... oil
changes are more important than life itself, in my family, I think...
hah hah -- so it'll still be running for a very long time.  Probably
leaking oil wherever I park it too, but it's a Jeep and they're know
for rear main seal leaks.  Buying a newer -- not new -- car is
probably in the plan in about two years when it turns 10... maybe.
We'll see how the economy and any unforeseen "emergencies" eat into
the automotive funding plan.  No plan survives the war!)

My "American Dream" of financial independence trumps owning new cars
now.  It didn't used to, but I learned.  Car payments are money down
the rat-hole.  :-)

My wife on the other hand, still likes new cars, but my "living
example" means she got her new car a few years ago and she gets to
drive it until it's 10, too!  But I still helped her buy it... I'm a
sucker for that particular girl, I guess.  ;-)

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com