[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 11:36:28 MST 2008

Now I'm some elitist because I opted to go to an Ivy League school versus a state college.  So somehow I should limit my choice of getting the best education I can afford, because I should not appear as an elitist?  For someone who does not want to put limits on peoples' incomes and liberties, why is it ok to put a limit on my educational choices?  I would have been more than proud to go to my choice of state school, I would not have picked it if I didn't want to go.  Given the choice between the two, I felt I fit in more at the Ivy League school and thought it had the better engineering program.  It probably wouldn't have cost my parents' as much, though my financial aide package would've been about the same.  How about I be as overreactionary and throw some hyperbole your way.  Your very response reeks of jealousy and shows a hidden disdain for top-caliber schools.  But we both know that's not true, at least I would hope so.  So don't go putting me
 down for putting in the hardwork to earn a spot on the enrollment lists of the schools I chose to apply to.