[clue-talk] AT&T Legal Policy: bad changes in the wind

Kevin Cullis kevincu at viawest.net
Sat Oct 11 10:38:38 MDT 2008

Hey all,

Found this little tidbit of info.

c. Termination of Voice Service.If you change or terminate your AT&T
local wireline voice service, we may in our discretion either
terminate your AT&T High Speed Internet Service or continue to
provide it at the then-current rates, terms and conditions applicable
for AT&T High Speed Internet Direct, our broadband service without
voice. You agree to pay any new or higher monthly fees that may apply
to your new Service after termination of the wireline voice service.
If AT&T elects to terminate your Service, we reserve the right to
charge any applicable early termination fees. For AT&T U-verse High
Speed Internet customers, AT&T will continue to provide Internet
service after termination of the wireline voice service, unless it is
not technically feasible to do so.

http://my.att.net/csbellsouth/s/s.dll?spage=cg/legal/
att.htm&leg=tosAug08

So they can charge you fees if THEY cancel things?

Kevin