[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Oct 30 22:50:19 MDT 2008

Kinds nice to see someone debating on the jobs the President actually
is responsible for...

Most of the crap both guys are promising aren't controlled by them.

They're things created and voted on by the Congress.

This election is really about either complete loss of the built in
checks and balances in our government with one party controlling all
three branches of government for four years and the Judicial by way of
the Supreme Court for the natural lifespan of their appointee who will
not be anywhere close to the political center...

Or voting to leave a single check and balance by way of veto power in
the hands of a man proven to be a centrist and an unquestioned patriot.

The Congress has already HAD the power to enact "real change" via
their majority for a while now and hasn't used it, because they know
at least 30-40% or more of the country would cry foul on their behavior.

With a "party line" excuse to hide behind, we had better hope their
constituants are paying REALLY close attention to the laws being snuck
through on other bills if the veto power isn't there.

If they don't, some really bad legislation will not only be passed but
by the time it is "tested" in our courts, the new Justice will uphold
it.

A very pecarious time, and a lot more important than just voting for
the "popular" candidate.

This article at least focuses on one of the REAL Constitutional "jobs"
of the Office of President of the United States and not the populist
stuff in the 30 minute "He even makes his own gravy!" infomercial seen
on TV last night from the soon to be in full control party.

--
Nate Duehr
Sent from my iPhone