[clue-talk] oil...

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Oct 31 23:12:35 MDT 2008

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 00:46:55 -0400
Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> So in that case, you haven't really answered my question:  why should
> we hand over the resource that we own to companies that are privately
> owned?

And you're dodging the question of why it is that some amorphous "we"
owns anything. By what right does this "we" own it? Has this "we"
invested any labor, time, effort, or anything to obtain this stuff of
value?

Of course, I take a very Lockean view of ownership and property rights.
If you simply can't abide the notion that one has to actually expend some
effort in order to own something of value, then we aren't likely to get
anywhere.

jed