[clue-talk] Vmware ESX / VI, WTF?

Yaverot Yaverot at computermail.net
Mon Sep 8 13:49:39 MDT 2008

--- DLWillson at TheGeek.NU wrote:
> I won't use anything that creates vendor lock-in

So who is your second (or third) source for VMware? Or is it okay to be locked into them, but not Mircosoft?

Does the interface piece that you're missing work under Wine? ReactOS?

If the other responder is right (and I'm assuming so), and it is .Net, does it work with Mono?

I agree that if you want a native linux control panel (or whatever it was) to let the company know, but if it is possible to use their tools in an emulated environment to keep your political position pure, then perhaps you don't want to throw away the tool you consider superior.  And if they weren't the best choice, wouldn't the MS requirement simply dropped them off your vendors list and you would've quickly chosen #1 anyway?