[clue-talk] CLUE LinkedIn group

Angelo Bertolli angelo.bertolli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:42:01 MDT 2009

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:38:42 -0600
> Jed S. Baer wrote:
>

>> I can see the benefit of social networking. Any sites out there that
>> aren't run by lying spammers?
>>

> p.s. Hi Angelo!

Ah crap, you caught me, I'm a lying spammer.  ... or what did I do?

I'm not sure what you mean, but I do remember talking about this stuff
before.  Yes, I'm on LinkedIn.  Did I spam anyone?  I think I recall
saying that if I used something like LinkedIn to send you a message, it
wasn't any different than using another online service to send you a
message (i.e. gmail) as long as it ended there.  And maybe that makes me
sound naive.

By the way, the way facebook works is more insidious.  I don't get
spammed by facebook in the traditional sense.  I just get people
insisting that I join so I can see their pictures.  A lot of people.
Insisting a lot.  And... so far I have avoided joining facebook.  Why
should I join them just because they've leveraged someone else and
blocked me from seeing pictures they could have posted on another site
like flickr that would allow me to view them?  I don't like that.

But then again, I don't mind LinkedIn, because I feel like it has
potential value for me.  Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Angelo