[clue-talk] Windows computer

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 17:46:47 MDT 2009

I'm finally back from vacation and a site visit to a customer. Are you still up for taking a look at that computer? She said that right now her only free time is on the weekend and she suggested Sunday morning. Will that work for you?

She said her ex-husband set up her email setup. He said that she needs to have both IMAP and POP at Pair Networks because she doesn't use Comcast's email. The numbers (port addresses?) are needed to do relaying to her email account. This doesn't make sense to me. Why would Comcast care if you use someone else for email? He has told her things before that I know to be false.

If she would want to make sure her son's email is ok first, then maybe IMAP would make sense. He's 10, so maybe that wasn't a bad idea, but I think that is probably not necessary at that age.