[clue-talk] Windows fix-it tools using Linux

Louis Miller miller106c at comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 08:01:45 MST 2009

Hello,

        I went through a big hassle, yesterday, trying to re-install
Vista, after the OS got gunked up with viruses. I found this really
interesting tool, that replaced GRUB with a Windows MBR for me, without
any work. It is an ISO image of only 4MB in size. It is called Super
Grub Disk. Next, time this happens, I can re-install Vista in 1 and half
hours, instead of 4 or 5 hours.

        If I try to bring up a subject, and it was already brought up,
before, then someone would be welcome to let me know the title of the
thread, and I can read what was already said in the archives. I already
heard about the Gparted Live CD, which is indispensable for repairing
Windows. Can anyone recommend some more Linux and Open-Source tools for
repairing Windows?

Louis