[clue-talk] #!CrunchBang Linux

Louis Miller miller106c at comcast.net
Sun Dec 27 16:47:42 MST 2009

Brian Gibson wrote:
> I loaded #!Crunchbang on a 700MHz PIII with 384 MB of RAM.  Very responsive for an old machine.  A little too minimalist.  I'm waiting for a release version of Lubuntu.  No major updates since August though.

What do you mean by minimalist? It comes with Abiword, Skype and VLC. I
couldn't get it to recognize my other hard drive automatically. I think
I would have had to enter codes at the command line which is beyond my
ability level. For what I was using it for, if I could have performed
that one function, then I could have totally replaced Ubuntu with it. I
need to be able to copy and paste files from one hard drive to another.
It would be nice also to have a force quit button and some clickable
icons on the panel. I don't think you can put in a top panel with it,
either. It is a trade off, though. If it does everything you need, then
you can use it.

Louis