[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 22:00:00 MST 2009

At least he's up with today's technology and doing the 21st century equivalent of fire-side chats.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog_post/jobs_in_all_fifty_states/

You can subscribe to the RSS feed in your favorite aggregator.  So even if we haven't achieved total government transparency, there's quite a marked difference in openness with this administration than the previous.

> Nevertheless, the current stimulus bill is mostly pure pork that will
> not help any of us. And now they've decided to revive the age old

Read the fact sheet on page 11 to see Colorado's cut.  There are measurable numbers there to see if and how well this plan works.  I find it odd that the # of potentially created jobs addresses only 1/2 the number of currently unemployed, though.  Also, throwing money at modernizing schools is great and all but without recruiting and maintaining quality educators, new facilities and equipment won't mean much.  Plus the greatest impact comes from parental involvement.  I'm looking forward to additional funds for highway/bridge repairs and perhaps the widening of I-70 may actually start.

Meanwhile, you can watch the play-by-play at http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/ seeing how the grass isn't growing yet.