[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Feb 7 10:03:19 MST 2009

On Feb 7, 2009, at 9:39 AM, Brian Gibson wrote:

> If a company doesn't like the strings attached to the bailout money,
> they don't have to take it.

This doesn't apply to the first 800 billion.  The rules are being
changed AFTER they took it.

> As a side note, private enterprise has been breaking down those same
> walls to further their agenda.  Lobbying for laws to make bankruptcy
> harder for individuals, lobbying against consumer and environmental
> protections, lobbying for trade protections, the war on _____ (e.g.
> drugs), and on and and on... it's too bad that government and
> private enterprise can't mind their own business.  Lessig is right.
> Before you can solve any of the problems in Washington, you have to
> solve the first problem and that's remove the influence of money.

"Remove the influence of money" sounds an awful lot like Marxism. Is
that what Lessig suggests?  If so, I'm definitely not in agreement.
Right now, for better or for worse, the W-2 is how we keep score...

Nate