[clue-talk] Favorite Internet Radio?

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Jan 18 15:43:40 MST 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:38:35 -0700
Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> Also, I know how you feel about social network sites,

Heh. Really? How could you tell? :)

> but I love
> Last.fm. I don't really do the "social" part of it so much, but the
> similar artists thing is sort of interesting.

Yeah, I've heard people like it pretty much.

> Also, there is Pandora Radio. Similar concept, not so much of the
> faffing about with "social networks".
>
> http://www.pandora.com/
>
> I've discovered a few artists this way.

Well, just using their search, I [re]discovered Curved Air. Hadn't heard
that band name mentioned in many many years.

But, the Music Genome Project sounds interesting. Too bad it isn't free
software.

I would imagine that, if I cared to play around at Pandora, I'd find
interesting bands such as Renaissance on the same vector with Curved Air.

jed