[clue-talk] little survey

Bruce Ediger bediger at inlumineconsulting.com
Wed Jun 3 10:46:57 MDT 2009

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> 1. Which distro do you use?

DD-WRT and Slackware

> 2. Which desktop do you use? KDE3, KDE4, Gnome, other?

Other - I'm a staunch "twm" user.

> 3. How many of your computers run Linux?

4 of 7 at the moment: 1 Mac, 2 Windows XP

> 4. Do other family members use Linux?

Not if they can help it, for some reason.

> 5. Do you use Linux exclusively at home?

I use Linux at home, when I possibly can, even going so far as
to re-flash my wireless router with DD-WRT linux.

> 6. Are you fortunate enough to use Linux at work?

Only the centralized, rack-mounted servers that run Oracle
and Weblogic Server (ickk).  Desktop is very, very slow
Windows XP.

> 7. Do you build your own Linux? (Yes, a few of us are masochistic enough to do so! :) )

I have, but not for a year or two.  I did "Linux from Scratch" 6.1 (?).

> 8. How experienced are you with Linux?

I used to be a NetBSD user (1995 - 2002), now I use Linux.