[clue-talk] Really OT - Ugg - M$ stuff

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Sun May 10 22:47:26 MDT 2009

> I do not have the option of nuking and reloading. Like most systems

> these days, no external copy of winxp is available.

Usually there's a recovery partition on the hard drive.  You typically boot that partition to start the recovery process which usually restores the computer back to the factory install state.  For those occasions where I want more control, I use a retail or OEM CD and simply enter the license that came with the computer (usually located on the sticker on the case).  The CDs are all the same so you can borrow one from someone else if you don't have access to one.