[clue-talk] LPI cert

Fri May 22 10:12:23 MDT 2009

I'm a believer in certification.  I think it helps non-technical people quickly qualify technical people, and technical people quickly qualify self-motivated people.

I agree with Collins that Red Hat makes more sense than LPIC-2.  I see the value in a better basic Linux certification, LPIC-1 vs Linux+, but not in a mid-level plain Linux cert.  I think that any team looking for a mid-level Linux guy has probably settled on their one or two distros, and they're going to want to establish qualification against those distros.

None of this is a surprise to most readers, since I'm facilitating a free LPIC-1 certification study group, and my plans are to take that group through UCE, and then to RHCE.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS