[clue-talk] Document Digitizer Firm

Charles W Downing chuckdowning at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 4 15:34:37 MST 2009

Gang,

I have recently been appointed to the "Education and Library Committee"
of Colorado Order of the Eastern Star, allegedly because I am a
"computer jock".  One of the tasks of this committee is to "make the
contents of the library available over the Internet for our members".
That's where I'm supposed to come in.

At the moment, we have about 1 1/2 letter-size file drawers of
several-page type-written documents, more or less sorted by "topic".  It
is likely, if we successfully "get these papers on the Internet", that
the next step could be doing the same for a storage closet full of both
loose-leaf and bound documents, some as much as 100 years old.

I would prefer finding a Denver-area company to do the heavy lifting,
rather than trying to develop a system from scratch.  At age almost-69,
I might not live long enough to finish scanning, converting to .pdf(?)
and developing a web-based storage/retrieval system.

Is anyone in CLUE working for such a company?  Has anyone done something
similar with a good Denver company?  Any recommendations off the top of
your head?

Thanks.

--
Chuck Downing