[clue-talk] speculation on Microsoft's worst enemy

Louis Miller veganguy1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 20:24:12 MST 2009

*This is one of those rare times, where I try to say something and I don't
know how to be eloquent, but David Willson expressed my feelings exactly!
Google is a fun company and their products have a lot of sex appeal. They
are creative and dynamic. It is possible that they might build an OS with a
Linux kernel and include a package manager, and that people will flock to it
in droves. It may even be probable.

Microsoft's dominance in the marketplace causes hassles for me. Every so
often, I need Windows to do something, and I don't know when that day will
come. They make it hard to get drivers for things like headsets and webcams.
They influence the laptop OEM, so I will void my warranty if I put Linux on
it, so I have to come up with a strange workaround. They have me make these
stupid recovery discs, that don't recover my system, unless they detect an
NTFS file system, and since I recorded over it, I am supposed to feel like
it is my fault, that I can't re-iinstall Windows Vista. They have some free
upgrade to System 7 that was included with my laptop, and the instructions
are not so easy to follow, and I can't figure out how to do it, or to make a
dual-boot of Vista and System 7.

I resent M$. I feel like the company is a scam. I feel like it is only the
lassez-faire business regulation of the U.S. that would allow a company with
such shoddy business practices to continue operating and growing and
profiting, year after year. The EU ruling shows that the Europeans don't
take this issue sitting down.

The whole issue with the EU ruling is that M$ is to blame and the European
courts know that, yet M$ might not want to the American people to know that.
They want the Americans to continue believing that if they can't get their
anti-virus programs and their Windows Media Player to work right, that it is
the customer's fault. It is very relevant to me if the hyperlinks that were
sent to me of the EU decision were all new stories from this year. That
means if M$ was successful, that they delayed the American public from
knowing about the EU courts decision for five years, and when the story did
get out, that we were supposed to already know about the huge fine, so the
details of the decision from 2004 were not given the same power. It makes us
seem stupid to not have known about it when it happened.

When I tried to call MIcrosoft, to get an OS install disc, I went through
screen after screen on their website to try to find the number, and then I
find out that I have to go through the OEM. In fact, Shawn, why am I not
supposed to try to kill the leader? They make money off the suffering of
their customers. I hope they burn.
*