[clue-talk] Microsoft and Lockheed to develop military network protocol

Bruce Ediger bediger at inlumineconsulting.com
Fri Oct 16 21:29:44 MDT 2009

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> Is this expected to work on the Internet? Or totally isolated? And Microsoft
> is doing security???
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/16/darpa_microsoft_reinvent_internet/

Two things:
1. It probably won't work when totally isolated, much less on the Internet.
2. Microsoft gets a lot of respect from management types for the "SDLC",
    software development life cycle or some such.

But we all know, curtesy of last Sunday's "Dilbert", that a Good Process
can replace Good employees, eh?  Microsoft will do to security what it did
to coding: allow a chicken to do it by ringing a bell with its beak.

My thinking after reading the article: it'll never get high enough to
crash.  We can forget about this, it's a $31 million boondoggle that
will have zero effect on anything other than LM's bottom line.