[clue-talk] Re: [clue-tech] Qwest ISP

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:43:17 MDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
> Otherwise, the other prediction... folks won't know that switching to a
> FTTC service locks them into a single vendor, or won't really care...
> and Verizon and Qwest's "play" to get total control of their outside
> plant again for a captive monopoly audience, will work.

Well, or...

Cell phone internet keeps getting better and cheaper - especially for
people who don't gobble bandwidth like most CLUEbies do.  And WiMAX /
other wireless technologies keep getting better.  And Cable keeps
getting better.  And maybe broadband over power lines.  And satellite.
We do have competition, it's just not in the same modes of delivery
and may not provide 30Mbps.

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers