[clue-talk] Text to image program wanted

grant at amadensor.com grant at amadensor.com
Fri Apr 23 09:34:29 MDT 2010

> I'm looking to convert a text file, line by line, into a series of
> images of configurable color, text size, and resolution with wordwrap.
>  Suggestions?

It depends a lot on what type of image and the reasons for making an
image.   It also depends on the content origin of the text file and how
much control you have over it.  If you just want it to look the same
universally, there are really good tools for making PDF.   I like to
stream generated HTML using CURL into HTML2PS and on to PStoPDF for web
application reports that look good on the screen or make a PDF with only
one set of code.   If you want it prettier, you can always use LaTEX, and
then use DVI2PNG and have a raster image.