[clue-talk] VM shootout

David Ahern dsahern at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:58:17 MDT 2010

If the angle is desktop solutions, then certainly ESX, Hyper-V and Xen
can be omitted. If the angle is a complete discussion of virtualization
technologies and impacts to linux as a guest (or host) then all of them
should included if someone will step up.

Personally, I do not care about xen or Hyper-V. Nonetheless, Xen has a
fairly large install base, and from what I've read their VDI solution is
the farthest along -- ie., most features. M$ is always a wildcard, with
preferences for their technology.

As for topics, VMware's EULA does not allow distribution of performance
results without their approval, so that raw performance discussions are out.

How about an overview of the technology, options, features, etc, and how
to install and configure? A basic introduction to the technologies.
Deep-dives require some understanding by the audience.

David