[clue-talk] On "sales people" (was Re: Sales presentations at meetings)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Dec 1 07:10:45 MST 2010

Shawn:

In a nut shell "yes".  Some sales people are not "sales engineers" and some are.  When the presentation goes into what I would describe as a "used car sales pitch" scenario vs. a technical presentation, a Chris and I have pointed out, the CLUE attendees often become quite disgruntle.  From what I am understanding on recent low level of attendees to recent CLUE meetings, I would prefer meetings cater towards technical presentations for the masses to encourage return visits.

FWIW.

--- Crawford
CLUE Admin

The Linux ETC Company