[clue-talk] VMware update

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 09:50:11 MST 2010

OK, I suspect that a great deal of this mess is at least partially my fault;
so I'm here to provide update.   In regards to the subject of a VMware
presentation,  It's not, completely "borked".   For reasons which it would
be inappropriate of me to discuss, the raffle WKS licenses idea has been
scrubbed. The possibility of donated licenses has not.  (Although I'm
inclined to think it's something of a hail mary.)  Mister Burton!   has been
discussing the presentation with larger fish then I, and it's being
scheduled, so I'm just going to step back and let things play out as they
may.   Although I did suggest that since there might be some overlap between
CLUE and the Denver VMUG, it might make sense to reach out to the VMUG and
see if any of their members might want to come as well.   I did however,
pass along the questions/feedback I've been getting, which, thus far has
included

A few ideas for Mike and company out there since Mike is/was probing for
ideas/topics.  This might be for multiple presentations as well.
- VMware Server v2.x is slated for "end of life" come 30 June.  So perhaps
VMware ESXi as an option on the server end (since it is technically
"freeware") with the differences from ESXi to ESX.
- If there is going to be a VMware Server v3 or similar, perhaps something
on that vs. ESXi and ESX as well.
- End user versions like VMware Workstation vs. VMware Player.