[clue-talk] Hosting recommendations?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Feb 4 15:54:43 MST 2010

I got ultra-lazy for a new project and decided to use squarespace.com,
Sean.

I'd "outsourced" my mail server (also a commodity these days, with pros
handling the spam hunt) to FastMail.fm a while back, so I hunted around
for somewhere to "outsource" my new website to.

Squarespace has been advertising heavily (plus discount codes) on most
of Revision3's shows (including TekZilla, which I just followed Patrick
Norton to, as he bounces around Silicon Valley, as someone I like to
watch talk "tech").

Definitely grab a discount code from somewhere if you use them, makes it
cheaper by 10% or more, depending on what offers they're making.

There's a million options... DIY on a virtual server at tummy.com from
those great folks, or if you want a "business oriented" hoster that's in
a local datacenter, hostmysite.com or redrocksdatacenter.com -- and
there's always the "national biggies" out there... Hurricane Electric,
and all those.

You pretty much can't throw a rock without hitting a cheap web hosting
company these days.  It's a buyer's market.

Nate